Purchase Order Procedures
Administrative Regulation 00-01 TOPIC: Purchase Order Procedure
Please follow the instructions as follows:
1. Go to your campus office and pick up a purchase order.
2. Fill out the purchase order with a complete heading i.e., manufacturer information, ship to information, quantity of items, description, extended cost, etc. If you don’t know the exact cost of the item you wish to purchase, just estimate or write – not to exceed $__ and list an approximate amount.
3. Take completed purchase order to your principal. He/she will sign it and forward to the central office for approval by Mr. West and Ms. Hanlon. At this point the purchase order will be given an assigned number. No purchase order is valid until this has been accomplished. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING WITHOUT THEIR AUTHORIZATION.
4. The central office will keep the YELLOW AND PINK copies and return the WHITE
and GREEN copies to the campus office.
5. The campus secretary will return them to you for processing. At that time, you may
phone them, fax them, or mail them to the manufacturer. The campus secretary will assist you however needed.
6. Down in the bottom right corner of the purchase order you will see “Order transmitted by salesman, phone, fax, mail, etc.” After order has been placed, please circle appropriate transmittal method, record the date and initial.
7. Keep the green copy for your files and give the white copy to the campus secretary for her records. If you are mailing your order, send the white copy to the manufacturer. Make sure the campus secretary has a photocopy. She will fax the central office with the transmittal information on a daily basis. This prevents duplicate shipments, etc.
8. If you make a purchase on your own without prior approval, do not assume that the district will reimburse you.
CENTRAL OFFICE NEEDS AT LEAST 3 WORKING DAYS TO PROCESS YOUR PURCHASE ORDER.
The ONLY time the central office will place an order for you is when a check needs to be mailed with the purchase order. Please note if you wish a check to written and mailed or returned to you.
STATE LAW STATES THAT IF A SCHOOL DISTRICT RECEIVES AN INVOICE WITHOUT A PURCHASE ORDER NUMBER, THE SCHOOL DISTRICT DOES NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR IT. WE FEEL, HOWEVER, THAT THE MANUFACTURER SHOULD NOT BE PUNISHED FOR PROCEDURAL NON-COMPLIANCE. THEREFORE, IF THE SCHOOL DISTRICT RECEIVES AN INVOICE FOR A PURCHASE ORDER PLACED PRIOR TO OR WITHOUT PROPER APPROVAL, THE PERSON PLACING THE ORDER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE.
Effective Date: 09-0l-00