Cisco High School One Act Play will perform "Peter Pan or The Boy Who Would Not Grow Up".
The show is open to the public and will take place Sunday, March 25th at 4:00 pm at the Crawford Theater.
Headstart Registration for the 2018-19 school year will be on April 4th from 9am- 2pm at Cisco Elementary.
For more information, please click the link below.
Mascot: Destiny Adams
Nichols: All State Team McKinney: All State Team
1A-4A Cheerleader of the Year
All-State cheer teams were recently announced by the Texas Girls’ Coaches Association in Austin. Athletes from around Texas received recognition for their outstanding work including two Cisco High School seniors.
Tabitha McKinney and Kentleigh Nichols were named to the 2018 TGCA All-State Team. These two seniors were team captains this year at Cisco and are both multi-year All Americans from the National Cheerleaders Association. Only twenty-six athletes from the hundreds of 3A high schools were selected.
In the same press release, TGCA also named Nichols as “Cheerleader of the Year” for classifications 1A-2A-3A-4A combined. After being named to the All-State team as a junior and senior, Kentleigh was selected by a committee of TGCA coaches who considered many things including her stellar resume as a four-time NCA All American and four-time Top All American, a designation given to the top cheerleader at an NCA camp.
“I am so proud of all of my team and the work they do every day for our school and community, but it is especially sweet to have these two honored by the TGCA,” CHS cheer coach Amy Dodson commented after the announcement. “Tabitha and Kentleigh have served CHS faithfully and are great athletes deserving of this recognition.”
“When I got the word about the Cheerleader of the Year award for Kentleigh, I was overwhelmed,” Dodson continued. “She has overcome so much in her life and so few people truly know what a miracle she is. They see an amazing athlete, which she is by the way, but I see a dedicated young lady who is a fighter.”
Nichols and McKinney were both also selected to represent Cisco as FCA Cheer All Stars this summer during the Big Country FCA Festival.
Congratulations to Tabitha and to Kentleigh on these honors! CHS is proud of you!
TELPAS Window February 26- April 6
STAAR Alt 2 Window April 2- April 20
EOC English 1 April 10
STAAR Mathematics 5 & 8 April 10
STAAR Writing 4 & 7 April 10
STAAR Reading 5 & 8 April 11
EOC English 2 April 12
STAAR Mathematics 3-4, 6-7, 5 & 8 Retest May 14
STAAR Reading 6-7, 5 & 8 Retest May 15
STAAR Science 5 & 8 May 16
STAAR Social Studies 8 May 17
EOC English 1 June 25
STAAR Mathematics 5 & 8 June 26
EOC English 2, STAAR Reading 5 & 8 June 27
Scholarship Apps and Websites
1. Research colleges, universities and vocational school to get a better idea about what they have to offer concerning your major. Not everyone goes to college, but it is good to be certified in a trade so that you can earn a living and be paid higher than minimum wage.
2. Click on the future student tab to find out what your requirements are to get into school. Some require a certain ACT/SAT score and also the essay portion of those tests. Some do not require the ACT/SAT, but the TSI test. Sometimes if you are earning a certification in a career they do not require any testing to get into school. This may be for cosmetology, HVAC, automotive technology, welding, etc.
3. If you are planning on going to a four year university, you need to take the ACT or SAT this fall. Study guides and sign up information are available by the counselor's. If you are on free or reduced lunch, you may qualify for a free waiver. Please see Mrs. Schaefer if you qualify.
4. If you are going to Cisco College, Weatherford College or any other 2 year university, you must take the TSI. This test will be given in the spring of your Senior year. Be listening for announcements from Mr. Taylor. The Cisco College application is free to enroll.
5. If you are going to a TEXAS public university, all application are through Apply Texas at www.applytexas.org. There may be an application fee so be prepared to pay up to $75 for an application. Also, you may qualify for a fee waiver if you are on free or reduced lunch. Please see Mrs. Schaefer to see if you qualify. If you are going to an out- of- state university or a private university, they may have their own application or use the Common Application. You can go to www.commonapp.org to find out.
6. All students going to a college or university must apply for financial aid whether or not you qualify for it. Students may start applying October 1st for the 2018-2019 school year. You must have your parent's 2016 tax return information to apply. Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov to apply. DO NOT go to fafsa.com. They make you pay for filing your financial aid. Cisco College will host a parent night soon so that parents may ask questions. This is for any parent with a student going to college whether you are going to Cisco College or not.
7. Scholarships that are local to Cisco, such as the memorial scholarships, will be available in the spring. You can search for scholarships on your own through search engines. One that is fairly good is www.fastweb.com.
CREATE A SCHOLARSHIP FOLDER
This folder will have:
1. Several copies of your transcript. You can get these from the counselor.
2. Recommendation letters from teachers, pastors, youth directors, employers, etc. Ask for recommendation letters early and ask if you may make copies so that you don't have to keep asking the same people to write them over and over.
3. Type a generic essay on your H drive that states what your future plans are and what you have done the past four years to make you successful. Almost every scholarship requires an essay. As you read what each scholarship specifies, fine tune the essay for that scholarship and print it out. This keeps you from having to write an essay over and over.
4. Organize your scholarships by due dates and pay attention to those due dates and mailed by dates.
If you are interested in the Military, please let Mrs.Schaefer know which branches of service you are interested in so that she can let the recruiter know.
@ Cisco High School
Test Date Registration Deadline
April 14, 2018 March 9, 2018
June 9, 2018 May 4, 2018
@ Eastland High School
Test Date Registration Deadline
March 10, 2018 February 9, 2018
May 5, 2018 April 6, 2018
June 2, 2018 May 3, 2018
If you would like to take practice tests and/ or study for the SAT/ACT, you may visit the websites below:
SAT Study: www.satpractice.org
ACT Study: www.act.org