Skip to main content



Origin of The Big Dam Loboes


The team became known as the Loboes in 1923 and soon were dubbed "The Big Dam Loboes" for the recently completed Williamson Dam, located four miles north of Cisco-the largest "hollow concrete" dam in the world at the time. From 1922 until 1931, the Big Dam Loboes, led by their famous coach, W. B. Chapman, were the scourge of West Texas Football, making it to the Semifinals in both 1924 and 1925, when there was only one State Champion and all the small schools played all the big schools.